This application will close on Friday, September 6, 2019 at 11:59pm Pacific Time.
Premise of the Hackathon
The TwitchCon Hackathon is a unique experience where we bring together our streaming and developer communities. Partnered streamers will provide a list of interactive concepts they would like to solve with Twitch Extensions to ultimately provide a better experience for their audience. For this hackathon, your team will select one of these Extension concepts and use that selection to drive the innovation of your project.
Every accepted participant of the hackathon receives a complimentary 3-day pass to TwitchCon.
Extensions are interactive web apps that enhance how viewers and streamers interact with each other in real time. Create interactive experiences that include mini-games, leaderboards, live in-game information, and more. You now have the power to truly impact the streaming experience on Twitch. For more information, see https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/extensions/.
Day 1: Saturday, September 28
- 9:00 - 10:00am - Registration
- 10:00 - 10:30am - Opening Ceremony
- 10:30am - Hacking Begins
Day 2: Sunday, September 29
- 12:30pm - Hacking Ends
- 1:00 - 3:00pm - Project Demo Fair
- 3:00 - 4:00pm - Prizes and Closing Ceremony
Lunch and dinner will be provided on Saturday, and breakfast and lunch will be provided on Sunday free to all hackathon participants. Additionally, all participants will have 24-hour access to the convention center (specifically the hackathon venue) between Saturday and Sunday only. Those selected for the hackathon will receive a complementary 3-day TwitchCon pass, as well as swag exclusive to the TwitchCon Hackathon.
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide any travel or lodging reimbursements for the TwitchCon Hackathon this year.
The monetary prizes are as follows:
Grand Prize: The grand prize team will receive one $250.00 USD Amazon gift card per member.
Honorable Mention: For each of our two honorable mention teams, they will receive one $150.00 USD Amazon gift card per member.
Partner Challenge Winner: For each team that wins a partner challenge, each member will receive one $50.00 USD Amazon gift card.
Additionally, all winning projects will be featured in a post on the TwitchDev blog after the event, and may be featured on the Extension Store on official launch.
Rules at a Glance
All participants must be at least 18 years of age.
All participants must be legal residents of the United States, United Kingdom, or Canada.
Teams must be no more than four members and can be formed before or at the start of the event.
Each participant may only work on one project.
A project may not have any code dedicated to it until hacking begins on the Saturday of the event. Setting up your development environment with SDKs in advance is fine (and recommended).
Projects must be Twitch Extensions and must be built as close to the chosen Extension concept as possible.
Projects must be submitted by the time hacking ends on the Sunday of the event. After that, presentation materials may be worked on but no more design/development can be done on the submission.
Submissions will be judged on creativity, utility, presentation, and that special “Twitch” factor.
Winners will receive trophies, blog recognition, and be featured in the Extensions manager for broadcasters should the project be released for general availability.
For full contest rules, visit this link.
Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Thank you for your interest in TwitchCon 2019!
To apply for a press badge, please create and/or log into your Submittable account via the links below and fill out the associated form. Someone from the PR team will be in touch soon. Please note that Press Badge Registration is only for traditional media. Twitch and other video platform content creators should register for general attendee badges.
TwitchCon is designed with the focus on our creators and community, and we will have limited Press Badges available. In an effort to ensure your application is considered, please read the following guidelines to ensure you meet the requirements:
- Employees of media outlets who do not work in an editorial capacity will not qualify for a Press Badge. This includes: Art Directors, District Managers, Graphic Designers, Publishers, Marketing Representatives, Public Relations Personnel, Sales Representatives, Senior Level Managerial staff, and citizens of Diamond City (with the exception of Piper Wright).
- Press Registration contact names and emails will be available to exhibitors. There is an option to let them know you opt out of being contacted.
- Being a member of the press does not guarantee a Press Badge and each member of an outlet is subject for review.
- A minimum of 1,000 Twitter followers for your outlet.
- Filming is permitted at TwitchCon 2019 although exceptions may apply. Each member of a broadcast crew must register separately.
If you are approved for a Press Badge, please bring your email confirmation to TwitchCon 2019 Will Call at the San Diego Convention Center to pick up your official TwitchCon 2019 Press Badge. A government issued photo ID must be presented to receive a badge.
For general media inquiries: email@example.com
We hope to see you at TwitchCon 2019!
Consider the following when creating your video:
- Keep your video between 60 and 90 seconds in length
- Please submit a .mp4 format video
- Please don't use vulgar language and/or please censor with beeps any excessive profanity that may appear in any highlighted material you use
- Please do not use any copyright material
- Show off! Talk about yourself, your channel, and show us your favorite highlights
- Treat this like a personal commercial. Be original and creative. Make us laugh or make us cry. Or both!
- If you need inspiration, check out these great examples made by MadameGandalf, flamingmonocle, and DenGenesis.